Xi'an Jiaotong University (XJTU) is a top ten university in China with a history of over a hundred years. The University is located in Xi'an, the ancient city, which boasts many famous tourist sites. The University offers excellent opportunities in advanced research. It is well-known for its highly qualified teaching staff, outstanding students, modern facilities, and its beautiful campus. XJTU is a key state university that operates under the administration of the Ministry of Education of China. In order to promote a better understanding and friendship between Chinese and people from other countries, XJTU welcomes international students to apply “Chinese Government Scholarship” for graduate studies. The Medical specialty admission work will be delivered with “application-review” system to test the comprehensive ability of applicants and accept the best candidates.
I. Specialties List: Available at the bottom of this page (Annex 1, 2, 3, 4):
Applicants are encouraged to contact their prospective supervisors prior to application and are expected to enclose in their application package with the Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by Supervisors (Annex 5)
II. Application Deadline: February, 28, 2016
Please make sure the mailed application documents arrive before deadline
III. Duration of Program:
Master's degree 2～3 years,
Doctoral degree 3～6years.
Successful candidates have one-year-long Chinese language study in XJTU prior to the academic study, if they apply for Clinical Medical specialty without Chinese language base.
IV. Scholarship Coverage:
1. A waiver of fee for tuition;
2. Free on-campus dormitory accommodation (double room with twin beds);
3. Monthly living allowance:
Master's degree students: CNY 3,000 Yuan/month;
Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500 Yuan/month;
4. Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports and obey the law of China;
2. Applicants must be in good health;
3. Applicants for Master's degree must have a Bachelor's degree and be under 35 years of age;
4. Applicants for Doctoral degree must have a Master's degree and be under 40 years of age;
5. Applicants may not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship;
6. Applicants’ GPA should at least reach 75(or above);
7. Applicants must have good scientific research ability;
8. Applicants who apply for Clinical Medical specialty must have Chinese language base and can use it in clinical practice.
VI. Application Documents:
All documentation must be complete, true, and correct in either Chinese or English
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English);
2. Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by Supervisors (If you have);
3. Photocopy of the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners (Annex 6) should be completed in English. (The original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners;
The forms with incomplete records or without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months;
4. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
5. Academic transcripts: Applicants should submit the original transcripts in undergraduate or graduate period. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
6. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors with their signature and contact information;
7. A Study Plan or Research Proposal: Applicants must submit a written study plan or research proposal in English or Chinese, with a minimum of 800 words for Master degree and 1500 words for Doctoral degree;
8. Notarized Copies of Research Achievements: Applicants can submit published research papers, award certificates or other documents to prove their achievement and ability in academic research if any;
9. Certificate of English/Chinese Proficiency Level: HSK, TOEFL, IELTS, or GRE;
10. Photocopy of Passport and two photos in passport size;
11. Application fee: RMB800 (Only accept bank transfer to our account. Account information is available on Annex 7, 8).
NOTE: a) No Application documents mentioned above will be returned whether the application is successful or not;
b) Incomplete Applications will be rejected;
c) Please Provide Documents 1-10 in duplicate, documents submitted should be complete, true, standardized and bound in order;
d) Applicants shall submit in person or post all the above-mentioned application documents. Entrusting others to submit is not available;
e) If Applicants have reset or changed information in http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/, please inform us immediately and resubmit Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
VII. Application Procedure
1. Online application, please go to: http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/
Code of Xi’an Jiaotong University: 10698;
2. Submit the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online and print it. Please check Application Documents for the detailed checklist and prepare corresponding documents;
3. A package of complete application documents must be submitted to Admission Office of International Students at Xi'an Jiaotong University by post or email.
VIII. Admission Notification:
Successful candidates will be provided with an admission notice, a JW201 form (Visa form), health examination form and Guide to the University form. These documents will be posted to the permanent postal address of the applicants before 31 July.
Students are usually required to report at the Students' Affairs office with their admission notice and other documents in September (the start of the new session). Failure to do so within two weeks of the start of the new term will result in the admission notice becoming invalid.
IX. Notes: 1. Scholarship students are managed according to the relevant regulations of Chinese Government Scholarship. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the Chinese Government Scholarship Status;
2. In principle, Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study.
X. Contact Information:
International Students Affairs Office, School of International Education, Xi' an Jiaotong University
No. 76 Yanta West Road, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710061
P. R. China